Dealing with Depression/What do these symptoms mean?

Question
There have been instances over the past few months(since February 2013)where I've been feeling mental symptoms such as feeling a sense of panic for no reason whatsoever, feeling a heightened sense of confusion that would feel so strong that I would feel like I'm losing my mind. This is the only way I know how to describe my symptoms and I'm desperately trying to find an answer as to what these mental issues could mean.

Answer
Hello,
Is there something that is bothering you ? Some problem that is subconsciously there always at the back of your mind. The symptoms that you are describing seems to be a result of anxiety. However, I would need a detailed history to come to a definite diagnosis. Anxiety  can occur due to a stressor, a problem you are unable to cope up with. It can also occur due to biological changes in the brain without any precipitating cause whatsoever. You should consult a psychiatrist for detailed evaluation  and  treatment.  Meanwhile, you will benefit from relaxation exercises at   home . Relaxed breathing, where you sit comfortably with closed eyes and just focus on your breathing at least for 5 minutes daily will be helpful. However, do visit a psychiatrist for detailed examination.
Thanks .
Take care.

Dealing with Depression

DR. ANKITA MISHRA