Dealing with Depression/What do these symptoms mean?

There have been instances over the past few months(since February 2013)where I've been feeling mental symptoms such as feeling a sense of panic for no reason whatsoever, feeling a heightened sense of confusion that would feel so strong that I would feel like I'm losing my mind. This is the only way I know how to describe my symptoms and I'm desperately trying to find an answer as to what these mental issues could mean.

Is there something that is bothering you ? Some problem that is subconsciously there always at the back of your mind. The symptoms that you are describing seems to be a result of anxiety. However, I would need a detailed history to come to a definite diagnosis. Anxiety  can occur due to a stressor, a problem you are unable to cope up with. It can also occur due to biological changes in the brain without any precipitating cause whatsoever. You should consult a psychiatrist for detailed evaluation  and  treatment.  Meanwhile, you will benefit from relaxation exercises at   home . Relaxed breathing, where you sit comfortably with closed eyes and just focus on your breathing at least for 5 minutes daily will be helpful. However, do visit a psychiatrist for detailed examination.
Thanks .
Take care.

Dealing with Depression

I can answer questions related to Psychiatry and Psychology like depression, schizophrenia, substance abuse, anxiety, relationship problems,stress related disorder, child and adolescent problems.

i have done M.D.(Psychiatry) & D.P.M. from GMC & Sir J.J.Group of hospitals,Mumbai. During my residency, i have worked in a de-addiction center for one year. After completing post-graduation, I started working in State run regional mental hospital as a psychiatrist and am attached to the hospital since last one and half years.

I have completed M.B.B.S from IGGMC Nagpur.i have completed M.D.(Psychiatry) & D.P.M. from GMC & Sir J.J.Group of hospitals,Mumbai in 2011. I have done the basic training in Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy.