Dealing with Depression/Taking suboxone for depression.

Question
I have suffered with treatment resistant depression for many years and tried and pretty much everything. Tons of meds, ECT,TMS,and therapy. Absolutely nothing has worked,after years of hospitlizations and treatments. Now i'm on SSI disability and feel worse than ever.I found research that suboxone at low doses can help treat depression as a last resort. Is this true? I have tried everything and I am losing hope.

Answer
Hello,
Suboxone is Buprenorphine which acts on opiod receptors in brain and activates the reward centre resulting in a sense of pleasure and happiness. There are very few reported data on the use of buprenorphine in treatment of depression . Buprenorphine is an addicting substance  and can result in dependence which can lead to added problems in long term.

Dealing with Depression

DR. ANKITA MISHRA