Dealing with Depression/Depression nervousness panic

Age 21

Gender male

Before two years, I was diagnosed with anxiety. At that time my main problems were, lack of sleep, mood swings, lack of confidence, headaches and panic attacks. I visited a psychiatrist, they prescribed me Escitalopram (cipralex). I then started to take cipralex. After taking that medicine for three to four months, my condition has been just fabulous. I went to doctor to inform him that I am alright now. Doctor told me not to discontinue the medicine now, so I continued taking that medicine for next six months, after six months, i visited the doctor again, he told me to gradually discontinue the medicine, so slowly slowly i began to discontinue that medicine (after taking it for more than nine months). After I stopped taking Escitalopram, my condition was good.

But now after one year, i am feeling A little shyness and panic attack feelings. When i have to face a big crowd alone (just like going to the stage and facing a huge viewers alone) i feel so anxious at that time, i just feel that i will lose my conScious now, i will fall down , my hearth and breathing become a liTtle fast. please give me some tips on how to behave and what to do when you come to know that you are going to lose your conSciousness or going to suffer a panic attack. BecauSe after few weeks, i am going to my police training(starting my career as police), where i have a face a lot of crowd because at that place, there will be at least 450 students with ME for training.

ThatS why i am little nervous, please help me, i will be thankful to you.

Hi Ali,

After taking medications you realize that they are not the solution. What relief they may have offered did not fix the underlying issues. This fact has become apparent when the symptoms returned after you stopped taking the medications. No matter, the underlying issues are the result of something that does not require the use of medications to fix and resolve permanently.

Your shyness and panic attacks are the product of anticipatory thoughts and the power you give to them. Anticipating facing large crowds when in reality no large crowds exit for you presently results in the power of that anticipatory thought generating anxiety within you. More thoughts of similar nature follow the original thought and genuine fear builds from that process. The solution is to change how you deal with not only anticipatory thoughts, or clinging thoughts (past events and experiences), but thoughts in general since they are the root of all disorder.

The time to face reality is when something becomes reality: not before and not after.

Focus on the five senses in the moment of reality: now! Do not judge the experience, nor anticipate, or cling to any thought. Let the thoughts come and go of their own accord, do not try to force them out. Simply center on the senses of sight, sound, smell, taste and touch as they are happening within the present moment of reality.  Experience directly all that the moment has to offer and become an aware spectator and active participant within the moment of experience. Disorder can not exist within such a focused environment of intense focus and nothing will hold you in bondage to the thought which lay at the root of all disorder.

Dealing with Depression

Amper Sun

Depression, anxiety, self esteem, guilt, loss, grief, spiritual uncertainty!

Thirty years treating individual, families, at-risk-youth in counselling and psycho-therapy.

Master Practitioner of Counselling and Psychotherapy - M.P.C.P. designation.