Dealing with Depression/Friend's Depression

My poor friend has been up and down, mostly down. She's been crying over the fact that her girlfriend commit suicide 4 months ago after a break-up. There was no bad reason for the break-up. She thought that she was losing her because she barely spoke to her and was not as social. She knew about the depression but didn't know it would get that severe. She commit suicide with a note that said that she didn't want to live knowing that she'll never be whole with her. Of course there are other traumatizing things in her life but this bothers her the most. She thinks that she is the reason for her death and may be on the brink of suicide. Are there ways that I can help her? Things that I could say? I really want to see her happy.

Hi Brielle,

Although most forms of depression are triggered by traumatic events, the severity is often affected by an underlying biological aspect that aggravates the depression. In that regard  suggest you read:

What is Hypoglycemia?
Depression is a Nutritional Disorder
Romantic Rejection: Trigger for Depression

The biological aspects have been treated first before embarking on psychotherapy.

Nine weeks Psychotherapy Course:

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman
Also at Facebook:

Dealing with Depression

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)

See My Career as a Nutritional Psychotherapist at: