Dealing with Depression/help

Question
QUESTION: dear doctor:
I am writing from Venezuela. I am a 50 years old man who has suffered 4 episodes of major reactive depression due to get in love with the same amount o women. I have recovered from the 3 first episodes with hard anxiety, but this last one in the worst, a few anxiety but in during more than one year and I still do not feel better. I think I have chronic depression because I destroyed may brain with the 3 first episodes.
what do you thin...I am taking: risperidon, venlafaxine, escitalopran and clonazepam, but I feel good just 7=% better with this medication. I am very angry with my psychiatrist because he never tolme that my brain will get destroyed with too much adrenaline and cortisol in every episode.
Thanks for your answer.

ANSWER: Hello,
Sometimes,when we are not able to deal with failures in life,which can result in hopelessness and depression.The neurobiologal changes from depressive episodes can result in disruption of neurons and circuits ,some of which can cause long lasting changes.However,with proper treatment you can recover from chronic depression.First of all, have faith in your doctor. Secondly, take the medications regularly .Finally, certain modifications in your lifestyle like regular exercise,taking up a hobby, proper sleep and diet will facilitate a speedy recovery.All the best.

QUESTION: dear doctor:
I have been told that this kind of depression lasts more than two years to get better. Is it right?. I am with a new doctor and with his medication I recovered from  anhedonia and wish to cry almost 70 %...he is goog. The pervious one told that my depression was recurrent.....can you imagine that this episode came just because I kissed a woman just fot half  an hour....
I have been 1 year without having sexual intercourse with my wife and other women.
tHANKS AGAIN.

Answer
Hello
The amount of time it takes to recover from depression varies from person to person. It depends on many factors like good support system,healthy lifestyle, absence of stressor and a good compliance.If you are feeling better with the current treatment , continue with the medications and take care of your lifestyle. All the best.  

Dealing with Depression

DR. ANKITA MISHRA