Dealing with Depression/low self-confidence, depression, etc.

Help You Cleanse wrote at 2014-02-04 21:58:53
I have also had depression, anxiety and fatigue. Doctor put me on meds and I Hated it! There are alternatives. I have been researching this for the past 5 years and here is what I would do if I were you and this is what helped me. All your symptoms are linked to thyroid and adrenal problems. You need to change the way you think and eat. Start eating more fruits, berries, melons. I would consider doing a 30 day juice fast. Green juice saved my life.

It's been proven that a non flush niacin supplement will help you in the process. I took 1500mgs per day. You may need more or less. Also, Vitamin D and B12 help as well.

Meditation! I meditate 30 minutes every day - twice a day. Start by sitting quietly of 10 minutes and listen and pay attention to your breath. Work up to 30 minutes every day. This is Huge. Once you get into it you can do mantras. I am happy and healthy. I have unlimited energy. Pay attention to your thoughts as they become the things in your life and the way you feel.  

Get off all processed foods. All dairy and meat. Get on a plant based diet and start meditating. Help this helps!

Dealing with Depression

Patricia A. Schafer, Ph.D.

I received my Ph.D. from Kent State,in Ohio in Counseling.I specialize in various forms of depression and Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and forms of addictions such as substance abuse,eating disorders and gambling. My licenses are: Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor -Supervisor(LPCC-S) and Licensed Professional Chemical Dependency Counselor (LICDC) My experience includes counseling substance abusers, families of alcoholics/drug addictions, and codependency issues. I also specialize in social phobia; stress; anxieties; women`s issues; grief and adjustments to life changes. Some therapeutic techniques used are: CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), DBT (Dialectical Behaviorial Therapy)REBT (Rational Emotive), SFT (Solution Focused) and 12-Step, etc. If you live in the Cleveland area, you can contact me at my office for an appointment at: 440-349-4521. I accept insurance and EAP programs.

Twelve years experience as a professional clinical counselor; 30 years member of Al-Anon.

Experiences of prejudice among individuals in African American and Caucasian Interracial Marriages: A Q-methodological Study (Doctoral Dissertation - December 2008; Wilsnack and Beckman's book: Alcohol Problems in Women (1984). Alcohol use and marital violence: Female and Male Differences in reactions to alcohol(pages 260-279.

Ph.D. in Counseling - Kent State MS in Counseling - John Carroll University BS in Psychology - University of Pittsburgh

Previous president of NCOCA (North Central Ohio Counseling Association); previous president of Chi Sigma Iota. Two years VISTA volunteer on Navajo reservation in Inscription House and Shonto.