Dealing with Depression/Schizoid

Question
Do you recommend any self help books for schizoid disorder

Answer
Hi Siggy,

There are a few books relating to schzoid personality disorder.  I do not have a favoriate one.

However, depending on how much you want to know, look at Amazon.com and type in "Schzoid personality disorder."  Seek out the books that have an interesting title to you and see how they are rated.

Some books just mention "personality disorders."  Look at the table of contents of those to see if there is information on schzoid personality disorder.  Some books discuss its symptoms, others
how to treat it; others have a lot of info in them on schzoid.

Also, see if you can find blogs so you can blog with people suffering from this disorder and ask them what seems to have helped them the most.

If you are looking for professional books on the schzoid personalit - I like this one:

Psychoanalytic Diagnosis, Second Edition: Understanding Personality Structure in the Clinical Process [Hardcover]   Nancy McWilliams (Author)
New
$49.66  Eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime.   
Rent
$25.12  Eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime.

There is a chapter in this book relating to the schizoid personality.

Hope my ideas help you.

Take care,

Dr. Pat

Dealing with Depression

Patricia A. Schafer, Ph.D.