Dealing with Depression/Nootropics?

I am a 34 year old female with low energy and motivation, poor memory, and a.d.d. like symptoms.  I also suffer from anxiety and insomnia.  I am looking for a good combination of supplements or nootropics for fatigue, mental clarity, focus, mood enhancement, energy, and motivation that are safe to take for someone who is prone to anxiety.  I am not interested in any prescription drugs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HI Amanda,

The symptoms you are speaking of are very similar to that of hypoglycemia (

This can be treated by going on a hypoglycemic diet (

I suggest you adopt the hypoglycemic diet and see whether things improve within a month.. Of course if you are using drugs, it may take longer for the hypo diet to have its beneficial effects, for it needs a long time for a high protein diet to repair the d manage to brain cells.
It may also pay to look to some supplements such as fish oil capsules, zinc and vitamins as shown in .tyhe hypo diet article.

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
Also at Facebook:

Dealing with Depression

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)

See My Career as a Nutritional Psychotherapist at: