Dealing with Depression/Medications

Question
Hi! I am wondering, if a medicine seemed to work then stopped working, is it possible it just needed a higher dose?

I have been on different medications and they seem to stop working after awhile. Zoloft, Effexor, Paxil, Celexia, and now Prosac. I do feel like it doesn't help me as much, especially with my anxiety issues.

I mean is there a way to know if a medication will never work for you?

Answer
Hi Kelly,

Antidepressants can, all of a sudden, stop working.  Personally speaking, my husband
has had this problem for years.

Since everyone has a different chemical brain/body, it is trial and error to see what works and

what does not.  Sorry, but that is the way it is.   It is a frustrating, and expensive problem.

For anxiety, ask your doctor about the oldie but goodie "buspar."

Dr. Pat Schafer  

Dealing with Depression

Patricia A. Schafer, Ph.D.