Dealing with Depression/depression

I'm twelve. From Pakistan. Girl. Moved to England due to father's job. I need help. Cant tell my parents; they don't get me well enough to understand. I feel depressed. Here are my symptoms:
- Find sleep hard to get
- Cry a lot
- I can't concentrate as easily as I used to
- I feel alone and overwhelmingly trapped; I feel like I don't have any place to go when I want to be alone
- I hate being social
- I have lost my once huge appetite
- I think negatively a lot
- I am very short-tempered these days
- I've lost interest in my favorite hobbies ( i.e. reading)
- I feel down most of the time- as in tired, or not up to doing things.
- I feel very restless, but at the same time tired

Hi Momina,

I want to emphasize that you are NOT mentally ill, but physically ill that has mental consequences. Most young people with depression are in fact hypoglycemic (

This can be treated by going on a hypoglycemic diet (

Please read the following article and that your parents should also read to understand you.

Depression is a Nutritional Disorder

Please discuss with a nutritional doctor if you want to.

Please let me know how you are going on?

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Emeritus Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman
Also at Facebook for more questions:

Dealing with Depression

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)

See My Career as a Nutritional Psychotherapist at: