Dealing with Depression/ocd or something else?

Help You Cleanse wrote at 2014-02-04 21:29:36
A few years ago I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I Hated the meds they put me on and it took a tole on me. I started to look for alternatives. If you are on meds now.... start to ween yourslef off. This is a dangerous slope to go down. Don't go off cold turkey though!

Here are some things that you need to know that will start to help you Now! First thing is your diet. I recommend that you do a 30 day green juice fast. This helped me in a big way. Get off All processed food and start eating fruits, berries, melons and vegetables. Get off dairy as well.

Also, you need to start taking a non-flush niacin. Take as much as you think its going to take for you to start feeling better. And take vitamin D as much as you think it will take. I do 1500mg of non-flush niacin and vitamin D if I know I'm not going to be about to get outside for 30 minutes every day. No one has Ever Died from taking non-flush niacin or vitamin D... but Many people have died from pharmaceuticals. Don't worry about taking too much.

Depression is linked to your thyroid and adrenal glands. You need to start regenerating these glands. The Only way to do this is with a Whole Food Diet... no not the store... but eating fruits, berries, melons and vegetables.

I also meditate twice a day for 30 minutes. Start by sitting still for 10 minutes and just listening and focusing on your breath. Work your way up from there.

Let thy food by thy medicine! Hope this helps. I could go on and on but I think you can start seeing the light.  

Dealing with Depression

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD

Hello. I have volunteered here to help you with questions regarding Depression. I intend to focus on the questions which are about how to deal with depression. Even if the depression is part of some other disorder, you can ask me about that. You can also ask me questions related to Psychotherapy for depression. I apply the principles of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy in my own life, and also help my clients/patients with those. I believe in providing my clients/patients with the best possible and evidence based information. The same applies to the online answers here, too.

I am a trained Psychiatrist working since over 9 years. I am also a certified Psychotherapist (Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy).

Indian Medical Association, Nagpur Academy of Medical Sciences, Nagpur

"Effect of Indian classical music on quality of sleep in depressed patients: A randomized controlled trial" - (Main Author) - Nordic Journal of Music Therapy, Volume 18, Issue 1 March 2009 , pages 70 - 78

I have done my MBBS from the Government Medical College and Hospital, Nagpur. Psychiatry training - DPM (Diploma in Psychological Medicine) from BYL Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai. Psychotherapy training - Primary + Advanced Certificate in REBT from Albert Ellis Institute, New York. Basic + Advanced Certificate in REBT from In Vivo - Mumbai Center for REBT, Mumbai.