Dealing with Depression/ocd with depression n guilt

Hello. I m a 29 year old male from india diagnosed with ocd n depression 2 years back n being treated for the same. But no benefit. I took medicines first for 7 months. No benefit. Then hypnotherapy. No benefit. Now again medicines fir past 5 months with mood elevators. But no benefit. I experience unwanted thoughts of sex with family members, death of family members etc intruding my mind while i dont eish to act on them. They r terribly real. Like that i really wish to act on them. But when i think them intentionally i hate those acts n will never act on them. I m doing self EXPOSURE N RESPONSE PREVENTION therapy after some guidance. But the thoughts r increasing day by day. I m married n feeling impotency because of this mental condition. Even viagra doesnt act now. When i was a kid of 10-15 years i felt impulses of doing naughty things. I did them once .never repeated but did once to experiment. Those impulses used to pop up like they r popping up now a days. Like fondling genitals of my mom,sisters, n a kid 1.5 yaers old who were sleeping with me in same room. I watched sex scene in english movie which popped in my mind when i went to sleep n did that fondling in a curiosity of HOW IT FEELS. THose were 15 years back. I never wished to repeat. For last 4 years i was feeling guilt of those acts continuously n was diagnosed with ocd n depression. I have left my work .unemployed now. Keep on fighting with all these thoughts. Keep on blaming myself for my condition. Keep on remaining sad n tearful in guilt of these real seeming thoughts. Unable to commit suicide because of love of family.. Please help me. Please guide me. Thanks"

Dear sanjeev,

These must horrible feelings you are battling with. These feelings are not so much due to a sick mind, but rather a sick body. They could be due to hypoglycemia (

This can be treated by going on a hypoglycemic diet (

Please test yourself with the NBI at follows:
Testing for Hypoglycemia by Questionnaires
  Nutrition-Behavior Inventory (NBI)

Hypoglycemic Questionnaire (short test)
If you score high it may be an indication that you could be  hypoglycemic (  This is a silent disease that is responsible for excess production of stress hormones - like adrenaline and cortisol - and which may trigger depression, anxiety or a low self-esteem.

Also read:

Depression is a Nutritional Disorder

and discuss with your doctor or nutritional doctor.  Once you have been able to treat the biological aspect of your mood disorder it may be worthwhile the self-help psychotherapy course at:

Summary of Psychotherapy Course

I hope I have been of help.

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Emeritus Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman
Also at Facebook for more questions:

Dealing with Depression

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)

See My Career as a Nutritional Psychotherapist at: