Dealing with Depression/Side effects of pexep cr

I'm male, 28 dealing with depression and social anxiety problem for almost 12 years of my life. I tried many therapists to get rid of this problem. But couldn't help that much. But last week I got a new therapist who proscribed me an antidepressant tablet PEXEP CR 12.5 mg. I'm taking it since 9 days (every night 1 tablet ) since then I'm feeling great and I mean it. I'm feeling so good about my self. I want to continue this medicine for life long. So my worry is:

• will it be harmful to take these tablets for more than 2 months? ( I've a 2 months of prescription.)
• are there any sexual side effect of this tablet like errection problem or less desire to have sex? Coz from past few    days I'm not feeling that excited about sex like I was used to earlier.

Hi Sagar,

My personal view are that drugs only mask symptoms without doing anything to address the underlying biochemical abnormalities that is responsible for anxiety problems.  It may even aggravate the problem for allowing the anxiety to develop under cover of drugs.

Please try out an alternative treatment without resort to drugs by reading:

Beating Anxiety and Phobias  

It can be treated by adopting the hypoglycemic diet (

Please discuss with your doctor.

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
Also at Facebook:  

Dealing with Depression

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)

See My Career as a Nutritional Psychotherapist at: