Dealing with Depression/anaxity

QUESTION: Hi doctor
i suffer from anaxity and my brain is very bussy with negative thinking about my work. i suffer from hard breathing and heavy in my chest with pallbation and some fear. the doctor give me effexor. this drug was made me very ill and i stopped it. again the doctor give me denaxit two tablet daily. what you think about denaxit

ANSWER: Hello Mammoud,

Your anxiety may not be in the mind as it in the body. You may be suffering from hypoglycaemia (

This can be treated by going on a hypoglycemic diet (

Please read Beating Anxiety and Phobias  

When on the hypoglycemic diet, you should gradually sett to feel better. If you encounter any more problems please contact me again or I suggest you see Nutritional Doctor.

I hope I have been of  some assistance
Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
List of my articles:
Also at Facebook:

QUESTION: thank you for your response. alwyes i test suger level in medlab and give me normal results (around 90-105).
can you tell me breifly about denaxit

Yes these results seem to fall within the norms. Perhaps you should test yourself with

Nutrition-Behavior Inventory (NBI)

If you score high it may be an indication that you could be  hypoglycemic (  This is a silent disease that is responsible for excess production of stress hormones - like adrenaline and cortisol - and which may trigger depression, anxiety or a low self-esteem.

It may also be an idea to read other sources of mood disorders apart from hypoglycemia. Please read:

Silent Diseases and Mood Disorders

If you suspect any other diseases might cause you mood disorders then dicuss this with a nutritional doctor.

List of my articles:
Also at Facebook:

Dealing with Depression

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)

See My Career as a Nutritional Psychotherapist at: