Dealing with Depression/anaxity

Dear Dr.
I suffer from a period of strange symptoms are as follows: I feel during sleep palpation in the heart with a strange feeling in my chest and apply heading into my head like an electric current,this feeling like a feeling when we suffer from huge fear and I feel dizzy, fear and trembling and my body cools Are these symptoms are the symptoms of anxiety and panic

Dear mahmoud,

Of course, without any test, it would be difficult to say what causes these symptoms.  But a common cause of anxiety attacks is hypoglycemia (

This can be treated by going on a hypoglycemic diet (

You can test yourself at home for hypoglycemia by
Testing for Hypoglycemia by Questionnaires
  Nutrition-Behavior Inventory (NBI)

Hypoglycemic Questionnaire (short test)
If you score high it may be an indication that you could be  hypoglycemic (  This is a silent disease that is responsible for excess production of stress hormones - like adrenaline and cortisol - and which may trigger depression, anxiety or a low self-esteem.

If the hypoglycemic diet does not help, there may be others factors involved. I suggest you then consult a nutritional doctor or your doctor.

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
List of my articles:
Also at Facebook:

Dealing with Depression

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)

See My Career as a Nutritional Psychotherapist at: