Dealing with Depression/I am depressed

I am 44, jobless, no money, recently divorced and alone. I have reason to believe I am suffering symptoms of depression with variable intensity at different times. When I have people around me my mood is good and when I am relegated to my personal space where I am compelled to be alone I am a different person. There are social causes for me feeling low. I want to be the strong person I was a few years back, cheerful, helping others, firmly grounded. It is most possibly due to setbacks in my personal life my mood is gone awry. I am scared of medications. Please guide me how I can bring myself back to normalcy.

It is natural to feel depressed when falling off life's track. The important thing here is to realize that, depression is just a feeling, it's in your head, which means, you can easily push through it.
Feel depressed when being alone? then it's time to find more things to do to minimize alone time. Volunteer for the community, start some new projects, and most importantly, figure out what steps you must take to regain the top.
As long as you have to drive to keep pushing forward, depression won't stop you.

Dealing with Depression

Johnny St. Tai

It is okay to feel down and out once every so often, as long as you know to reach out for the hands that will pull you back up. I can answer questions about self esteem improvement, relationship with others, depression, and sexuality. I will/cannot give medical advice without an actual examination of the person and his/her medical history, so for those issues, best to find a local specialist/doctor to be safe.

Ten years of professional and volunteer counseling, and volunteering for the Crisis Center. Born of a conflict-laiden family, I've walked through violance, addiction, abuse, and more. I survived, scarred but still strong, and I will do my best to help others do the same.

Richmond Chimo Crisis Center

Interpersonal/Social Relation Specialist, University of British Colombia Socialwork, 2005.

over 500.