Dealing with Depression/Quiery of Depression

I am 47 and had been battling the health anxiety since 20 years. I have hypertension,hyperlipidemia & mitral valve prolapse with trivial regurgitation (which causes anxiety & palpitation). All these years my focus was mainly on heart, but since one month i has become very cancer phobic, as i remember one of aunt who died of cancer before 15 years..

I asked whether anxiety can cause cancer, so one allexperts counselor replied me that, anxiety & depression does not cause cancer, but cancer can cause depression. I don't know under what context she said that, which made my life like a living hell.

I know that, anxiety & depression does not cause cancer.

But Now i am fearing & obsessing that, depression is the symptoms of cancer.

What i know is that, upon being diagnosed with cancer, the patients become depressed, anxious & sad.

I have seen the people having depression for 30+ years & living with it & they don't have cancer.

Half of the world has depression, if depression would be the symptom & then half of the world would have cancer.

If somebody is depressed, when he will go to psychiatrist for treatment, will the psychiatrist will tell him to go & test for cancer.

This obsession had made me more fearful & i am having full blown continous panic attacks since 2 weeks. The anxiety is 10 out of 10 since i read that answer. I unable to function & get up from
the bed. I am not going to work since one week & unable to sleep since one week only obsessing that, cancer causes depression & it is becoming vicious cylce.

All these years i know that, panic & anxiety symptoms are harmless & i never bothered about these symptoms,only afraid for the first few years when i was not aware.

Due to continue ongoing challenges of health anxiety & mitral valve prolapse i have anxiety & palpitation. Now, every time when i feel anxious or depressed, i am thinking it is due to

Please help me. I will be grateful to you. Give me some cognitive tips to challenge this negative thoughts. It is killing me. My body is full of adrenaline & burning. Hyper alert 24 hours.

With the help of even a small stick in between the sea will be enough for me to come out this fear trap.

Well first let me state that healing is not simple, and there is no quick fix. The other thing is that while others can help you, it is you that needs to help yourself.

Secondly, If you are going to help yourself and have others assist you, you need to be aware of what the problem is. Saying you have anxiety is like saying we have weather, It can be anything. You need to pinpoint the who, what, where, when, why and how you are being activated, because unless you that, healing is impossible.

Your “symptoms” are a direct result of whatever feelings and emotions you are trying to suppress when you are feeling your anxiety. The emotional energy has to go somewhere, and so the only place it has to go is into various parts of your Body, that then tries to show you that you have a problem. NOT that the symptoms that the Body is showing you is the problem, but that your mind has been and is  suppressing your feelings and emotions.

To begin to heal your issues, you need to go back to what happened to you 27 years ago, that altered your life. Once you have cognitive aware or that experience, there is more.. Now you need to go back to other times before that to see and feel if something similar happened to you before. You keep doing this until you eventually find the real cause. Writing down and keeping a journal is a good tool to help you see what is really going on in your life. Like I said in my opening comment, this is not simple or quick. If you would like to know how to help heal yourself, you can download my free eBooks from my website at

Dealing with Depression

Reed (John Rieger)

I do not follow traditional methods of therapy that treat the outer symptoms or give the illusion of a cure with a bandage approach in order to make one "feel good" by denying the real issues, the inner causes. I have eleven intensive years of personal experience in many "NEW AGE" areas that have lead me to discover new ways and methods of REAL emotional healing and in turn also healing our mental and physical bodies. I work with healing ALL emotions, the mental blocks holding them in place and the physical manifestations they represent. I use the knowledge and insights I have gained through either personal experience or my experience in working with others on their healing journey. I also use my intuition and other abilities to assist others to touch and begin to heal their real issues. If you have intent to HEAL your emotions and to take responsibility for your personal well being then I may be able to assist you. If you are looking for a quick fix, don`t ask me. Reed

Human Spirit Magazine

Issues Magazine
In Nov. 2008 I published my first book "Journeys from the Heart Centre" - Meditation as a tool for healing and self-empowerment.... You can either read the E-book on line, or download it at