Dealing with Depression/Stress??

Hi :) For most of my life, I was a pretty grounded person. I knew where I wanted to go for college, who I wanted to be and I was a pretty excellent (#nomodesty) student and daughter. I had very high grades, was very motivated etc. But over the winter break, I started getting distracted and started studying less. Now my brain feel empty (brain fog?) and it takes a great deal to do something. I also have short term memory and get quite anxious about things but then do not act upon them. I feel like I have gotten stupider and worry about this. Basically, I stress that I am not smart enough, got dumber, what my future will be like, whether I am depressed, and whether I am overstressing! I m really not sure what to do and I am really worrying. I do try to study but somehow my brain and heart just isn t there!! what shall i do? :( thank you

It sounds to me you might've burned yourself out a bit.
This is often called writer's block if it happens to authors.
Stop worrying about it, give yourself a month or two to just do fun things, like watch TV all day, read books you like to read, etc.
Your body/mind just need time to recharge.

Dealing with Depression

Johnny St. Tai

It is okay to feel down and out once every so often, as long as you know to reach out for the hands that will pull you back up. I can answer questions about self esteem improvement, relationship with others, depression, and sexuality. I will/cannot give medical advice without an actual examination of the person and his/her medical history, so for those issues, best to find a local specialist/doctor to be safe.

Ten years of professional and volunteer counseling, and volunteering for the Crisis Center. Born of a conflict-laiden family, I've walked through violance, addiction, abuse, and more. I survived, scarred but still strong, and I will do my best to help others do the same.

Richmond Chimo Crisis Center

Interpersonal/Social Relation Specialist, University of British Colombia Socialwork, 2005.

over 500.