Dealing with Depression/On a bad downward slope

I have been feeling very depressed lately and it is getting in the way of other parts of my life. I took a hormone shot in December and it has caused me to gain a lot of weight, due to my depression and feeling like life is pointless I have not been able to find the motivation to make positive changes in my life. I am 25 years old. Lately I have been feeling like life is completely pointless and that aspirations are just useless because we all die in the end. I don't know how useful pinpointing the source of my problem will be as much as finding a solution. I don't know how to change my mindset be more constructive to my goals.

I really need help figuring out how I can change my perspective on life and myself in order to be able to implement positive changes in my life such as staying on a diet, taking better care of myself and staying better organized. Where do I start? I don't even know where to begin.

Hi Courtney,

Depression can be devastating especially when we don’t understands why.

I suggest you read:

Depression is a Nutritional Disorder

and adopt

The Hypoglycemic Diet
I hope that helps.
Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
Also at Facebook:

Dealing with Depression

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)

See My Career as a Nutritional Psychotherapist at: