Dealing with Depression/Does depression lie to you?

Question
Hi. I was feeling good lately, but the past couple of days, I felt depressed again. I have quit my medicine that wasn't working. I am getting bad thoughts like feeling worthless, not enough, no one likes/loves me, etc, I don't have a future. I did see a couple of articles that say those kind o thoughts could be lying to you, or manipulating you. Even if I don't see or talk with family often, we're good when we get together but how do I know if those thoughts about how I'm not enough, worthless, etc are telling the truth or not?

Answer
It is very safe to just assume all those thoughts are not true, they aren't even yours, they're just your body/brain messing with you. Every day, make a diary, write down things you like about yourself, good things you do, and then note down the bad feelings and compare them item by item. You'll soon see that these bad feelings are just extra noises to be ignored.

Dealing with Depression

Johnny St. Tai