Dealing with Depression/Weaning off Anti Depressants

Hi! I have just weaned off my anti depressant Prozac. I have went down 20mg dosage from 60mg to 40mg, 20mg, then 0. I stayed on each dosage for a week. I have been off of Prozac for a whole week now. I haven't felt any withdrawals and I actually feel good. When do withdrawals usually start feeling felt if there should be any?

Hello Kelly,

You seem, to have successfully withdrawn from AD medication. I believe it is always necessary to treat  the depression before withdrawing from medication. I have explained this at:

Please let me know how you go?

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
Also at Facebook:
My Articles at Docs

Dealing with Depression

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)

See My Career as a Nutritional Psychotherapist at: