Dealing with Employees/False Accusations

Charlie wrote at 2013-02-26 17:08:34
I understand your situation, but at what point can the manager take action? This has happened to me four tomes now. At what point do I have a case of slander. These attacks play out with the rest of the team, and they don't know all the facts, because I'm not supposed to "discuss it". This divides the work place and now others sure being influenced by this sort of behavior, what happened to accountability! The cases against me are based on being a " white manager" I feel the " company" I work for is just looking out for their financial interest, and at some point they will see it as cheaper to rid me than deal with them! In the mean time my character and professionalism continuos to be questioned. Can I at any time file my own claim? Each of the four times I wrote up employee, there were multiple witnesses that verified their behavior. Some were actual patient complaints I had to follow up on.  

Dealing with Employees

Vijayraj Kamat

I can help you in getting a different perspective on any workplace issue. Getting a neutral, balanced perspective helps when you yourself are too frustrated, stressed out or cynical to form a sound opinion of your own or to separate the issue from the person. I will give you an unbiased, practical, opinion supported by sound reasoning when it comes to: - Dealing with a difficult boss - Dealing with a difficult subordinate - Dealing with uncooperative/demotivated team members - Learning to project your work and not just completing it - Negotiating for timelines In short, any workplace related problem thats is not specific to a specific industry. I am your 'agony aunt' column for work place woes! :-) I CANNOT give solutions to precise 'technical' problems. There is a separate section for that! Go there!

I have been in the offshoring/consulting industry for about 9+ years. The intensely competitive business coupled with the extremely challenging environments makes my learning much more than the average level. Plus people management has been my interest since childhood and I have done plenty of it right since my school days. Have researched, experimented a lot in this area as well. And I always think knowledge that comes out of interest and experience is much more useful than a college degree.

Deloitte Consulting

- Bachelor in Computer Engineering - Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA)