Dealing with Employees/Resigning letter

"Dear Operation Manager,

With this letter I wish to inform you that I will be resigning from my position with SBT Myanmar as Sales executive as of 8.2.2013.
I regret any inconvenience that this will cause, and will do my best to have my current projects finished before my last day.
I wish you and the company much success.

May Thu Htet

cc: HR Manager "

I want to know that whether the above letter is suitable to send to the manager or not. If not, what should I add to the letter? Can you please answer it? This is my very first work. The reason why I resign is I want to sit the entrance examination of MBA here in Burma (Myanmar) and also want to try scholarships for international students. Thank you for giving time to read my letter.

Wish you all the best,
May Thu Htet.

May Thu Htet;

Your resignation letter is succinct and very direct. It only leaves open-ended ideas as to why you are leaving; which is not necessarily something you need to include as answerable in a letter of resignation.

You might prepare an exit briefing in case asked to provide one. Much depends upon how your employer feels about losing you. Decide what you can tell them and what you are willing to reveal without damaging your future. Without knowing more about the people involved this is difficult to advise so use your strengths to define your strategy. Maintain empathy for their position, and good employers know people move on to new strategies and opportunities.

Ask yourself this: Could I ask the employer I am leaving for a reference and would they truthfully give a positive one that would help my future and not harm it?

If the answer is yes, then the letter as written is enough.

Best of luck to you in your MBA

Lee Fjelstad, Vice President of the Verbal Judo Institute, Inc.  

Dealing with Employees

Lee Fjelstad

I can answer questions on resolving professional and personal conflicts or communication issues in the workplace, with clients, in the home, or any encounter that needs or requires people conform to authority or common goal. My responses will be centered on tactics for getting more from the people around you and directed toward gaining their voluntary compliance, cooperation, or collaboration. Please note that the answers will not be in the form of a “Dear Abbey” response and my personal opinions will rarely be offered, but rather a soft or hard argument toward resolving the issue or demonstrating that words alone will not solve your dilemma or predicament. A web site with references and a partial client list is available upon request.

I am the Vice President of the Verbal Judo Institute, Inc., and for the last twenty years I have traveled between 200 -300 days annually conducting training seminars on Verbal Judo in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, Scandinavia, the Netherlands, and in England. I specialize in resolving conflicts that rise from workplace differences and highly charged emotional situations that impact cooperation and compliance, and how to deliver or receive bad news and communicate effectively through the issues that typically block the proper delivery or receiving of information in both professional and personal relationships.

I have been interviewed regarding Verbal Judo as the subject in magazine articles ranging in interest from Conde Nast Traveler, Broker Magazine, and sports publications like Referee Magazine; to newsprint articles in the USA Today, the Wall Street Journal, and over one hundred local print and online newspapers. I have been broadcast internationally on CNN; nationally on NBC, ABC, and Fox; in Canada on CBC; numerous local television stations; and interviewed on radio across North America and in Europe. In addition to the video clips I am currently producing, the President of the Institute, Dr. George J. Thompson, Ph.D., has four published books on the market (with more in current development) and several audio and video programs.

My educational background includes degrees in English, Business, and Organizational Communication with additional work in Psychology and Behavioral Science.

From executives in corporate offices to front line staff in customer service industries, my clients are people in city, county, and the federal government; airline and cruise lines; banking; real estate operations; universities; and referees in professional sports. My audiences number several hundred thousand people attending Verbal Judo lectures world-wide and as a company our associates have collectively trained over one million people.