Dealing with Employees/Technical name of type of organizational structure

Question
Hi! I am a college student, and for a class project my group is researching Proactivity and Positive Work Behavior. We would like to look into the structure of companies such as Google, where employees are allowed to nap or listen to music and where the environment is way different than most "traditional" workplaces. Cliff Bar is another example. Do you know what the technical name of that structure is, or possible key words, so that we can research that type of organization? Thank you very much,

Emily.

Answer
Hi Emily- Typically I do not answer homework questions. This one time I will.

I would search "non-traditional corporate structure", or "open corporate structure". My thought would be that there is not a "formal" name as each company would design their own, so there would not be a specific name- and each company would be very different.
Consider approaching Google and Cliff- their human resource department or recruiting department (since they would use their open structure as a benefit to attract talent.)
I would also search "positive work environment"
Please note that the structure for Google let's say might not a motivator or good work environment for everyone.
You might add to your project a look at the workforce- (generation differences- diversity) as part of the project. There are many factors that influence positive or negative work behavior.
Please go to my website- as I might be able to do a good workshop for your class.
Ellyn
www.hpleadership.com

Dealing with Employees

Ellyn Traub