Real Estate: Dealing with Agents/Realtors commission.

Question
If I hire a realtor to sell my home,does the seller always pay the realtors commission or sometimes does both the buyer & seller pay?Thanks!

Answer
You do not have to pay a commission to the buyer's broker even though that is the tradition. Four properties priced over $10 million I often suggest to the seller that they do not pay a commission to the buyer's broker and offers still come in. Just make sure you get the commission agreement written into your listing agreement and make sure your agent enters it correctly in the MLS listing.

Real Estate: Dealing with Agents

John A. Souerbry