Real Estate: Dealing with Agents/Question

Question
Good day
Got the following question for someone who wants to rent out their condo.
If the person has paid off for the property and does not have a mortgage what does one say to a realtor who inquires about the mortgage.
If one is renting out his or her home is one legally obligated to disclosure mortgage information to the realtor / property manager and what should one say if want one wants to keep this issue private.

Sam

Answer
Owners never have to disclose anything to renters or agents regarding the amount or terms of their mortgage, or whether they even have a mortgage.  Some agents will ask for this information if they are representing the renter to support their negotiating position regarding the amount of rent.  It's always best never to reveal anything.

Real Estate: Dealing with Agents

John A. Souerbry