Real Estate: Dealing with Agents/Listing Question

Question
Good day
With reference to listing a property for rent with a realtor, I had the following question:
1. What if after listing the property, I wanted to select another realtor to have the property listed with and not use the original realtor. How do I do this.

Answer
If you signed a listing agreement with the agent, that document should include instructions how to cancel the contract.
If there aren't any cancellation provisions, you likely have two options:
1) wait for the listing agreement to expire
2) tell your current agent, in writing, that you want to cancel the listing and ask him to accept the cancellation in writing

Most contracts say that either party can cancel with 30 days notice (maybe 60...).  Without seeing your contract, I can't give you any more advice than this.

Real Estate: Dealing with Agents

John A. Souerbry