Real Estate: Dealing with Agents/Finding investment realtors

Question
Hello,

Is there a method to find realtors that work with RE investors? Trying to locate Properties for rehab in Enfield, CT. Most agents are typically proficient working with retail buyers, but not investors for example. Also, is there a website that identifies how many properties an agent processed yearly?

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.  

Thank you

Answer
Scott,
As a broker who works with a lot of investment properties, I agree that most residential agents are great with owner-occupied sales but aren't as effective with investment properties.  This is often a result of their broker's influence, since working with investments often requires a lot of flexibility and out-of-the-box thinking.  Brokers don't like their agents to stray far from standard office procedures since that increases exposure to risk.
The best way to find investment-savvy agents is to look at who is currently listing investment properties.  You are right on target wanting to see what agents have closed previously as proof of their skills and experience.  Some MLS systems have a public web site that you can use to search for properties yourself and to find an agent.  Most local REALTOR associations also have a "find an agent" feature on their site.  Sometimes those systems support searching by skills and types of property the agents work with, some don't.  Some agents show their past sales on their web sites, most don't.  In the end I believe you'll have more luck looking at who has current listings.
Hope this helps.

Real Estate: Dealing with Agents

John A. Souerbry