Real Estate: Dealing with Agents/Question

Good day
With reference to a Florida condo rental, as the landlord I have the following questions:
1. My tenants lease is about to expire in less than 2 months and I wanted to find out what are my options for renewal. Initially I used a realtor whom I paid a commission to last year. Currently I do not want to go through the realtor against and have to pay another commission to have him renew the lease. What are my options and how can I renew the lease without having to pay the prior realtor a commission.
Also, what is the deadline before the landlord notifies tenant as to lease renewal.

Hi Sam,
I believe the answers to your questions should be in the written agreement you have with the agent and in your lease.  They should specify whether you have to pay the agent for renewals or if you owed just a one-time payment.
Without seeing those I can't answer your question.

Real Estate: Dealing with Agents

John A. Souerbry

I can answer questions pertaining to: - How to find an agent that fits your needs - How to compensate your agent (commissions, incentives, flat fees, and more) - How to communicate with your agent before and during your transaction - How to initiate dispute resolution with an agent I cannot answer questions pertaining to: - Potential litigation or other legal matters

I am a licensed California real estate broker (CalBRE 01370983) specializing in residential brokerage, property management, and estate services. I have been licensed since 2003 and am currently working as an independent broker in the San Francisco Bay area.

Bay East Association of REALTORS(R) Silicon Valley Association of REALTORS(R) California Association of REALTORS(R) National Association of REALTORS(R)

In addition to my own web site, my blogs, articles and responses to consumer questions appear online at,, and other real estate forums. My answers also appear in several categories relating to real estate on

BS, Business Administration MBA, Globa Management

My clients are: - Consumers searching for a primary residence or vacation home - Investors buying and/or managing residential income property - Estates in probate requiring temporary management and property sales support