Real Estate: Dealing with Agents/Agent question

Question
Good day
Wanted to find out if one would owe a real estate agent commission in this situation generally in the USA.
Here is the situation:
Real estate hired to rent out home in year 1 and received his commission. The second year for the renewal of the same tenant, the landlord used an online contract and leased the home for the 2nd year to the same tenant without using the agent.
In general, does the landlord have any financial obligation or commission to the tenant in the 2nd year, since the landlord used his own contract.

Answer
The question is answered by the contract between the landlord and the agent. Some contracts are "one time" commissions for finding a tenant, some contracts extend over a specific period of time. The contract could also cover renewals with the original tenant, though not all do. Which kind do you have?

Real Estate: Dealing with Agents

John A. Souerbry