Dealing with Stress/stress

Hi, I`m in my second year of study. My parents forced me into medicine. I was surprised that I passed my first year. well, I have tried my best for my parents. But now, in 2nd year, my results are just keep getting worse and recently I`ve failed my quiz. I forced myself to study and keep studying as I`m going to have another quiz but the facts just can`t stick in my brain. I absolutely hate it. Studying medicine just makes me feel really stress. I want to talk to my parents about this but I`m scared that it will cause a huge fight and I don`t want to dissappoint them either. What should I do?? Should I complete this 5 years of course or should I just drop out?  Me, myself is not sure what I am going to do if I drop out from medicine and I feel really stressed out!! Please help me. thank you.

Hi Francesca,

You are suffering the eternal press ganged children dilemma.

It's been going on for centuries.  You have to decide, if you want to live your own life, or one ruled by your parents.  There is no easy way out.  You have to find out what you want to do with your life, and follow that, anything else, is not true to who you are, and who you are meant to become.

It could cause an enormous family fight, but you know this already.

I hope this is helpful, let me know if you need more help.

Warm regards,

Dealing with Stress

James Middleton

I am happy answering questions about handling stress and panic attacks, overwork and similar problems.

I am a practicing hypnotherapist of 22 years experience and a qualified Occupational Therapist in community mental health.

UK Journal of Association for Neurolinguistic Processing.

Dip Cot, Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy, Certificate in Co-counselling, Reiki 1, Reiki 2, and Reiki Masters. Practitioner of NLP

WARP Freefall Coach for the British Parachute Association.

Ericksonian Hypnotherapy blog