Dealing with Stress/extreme & irrational fear

I am 47 and have severe health anxiety since last 15 years and was diagnosed mitral valve prolapse with trivial regurgitation before 6 years. All this year my fear was related to heart disease, attack, stroke arrhythmia, nuero problems etc. but one week before urine came from my blood and got scared and went to urologist and did ultrasound for kidney, prostate, uterus etc and there was no stone & infection. The Dr. gave me antiobiotic & told to complete the course. Since one week I got afraid of Cancer, which started with this infection & all of a sudden I remember one of my aunt who died of cancer, she was having blood in the stool. I started to look at my stool everytime & fearing that there is blood or my stool is black & I will get or have some sort of stomach related cancer. I am afraid to go the bathroom for my poo, even small belching, bloating, gas makes me afraid. How to fight this fear. Plz help me I am dying of obsessing this stomach cancer fear. I know that, this is irrational fear and blood can come by ulcer, anal fissure, inflammation of the colon etc.My anxiety is very severe and I am unable to relax or sleep. I am taking cipralex(escitalopram) 10 mg including .25mg rivotril 2 times since one week and also taking bisoprolol (beta blocker) 5mg for my blood pressure. Please someone  help me to desensitize this fear, if I am unable to remove the fear, my heart problems will be increase.

Your level of worry has the potential to make you seriously ill.

You need to deal with it and begin to manage it much better as soon as you can.

I would suggest you find a professional hypnotherapist or stress counsellor and begin treatment as soon as possible.

You should find in a few weeks that you begin to feel much better, and you may be able to see hope.

I hope this is helpful.

Let me know if you need more help.

Warm regards,

Dealing with Stress

James Middleton

I am happy answering questions about handling stress and panic attacks, overwork and similar problems.

I am a practicing hypnotherapist of 22 years experience and a qualified Occupational Therapist in community mental health.

UK Journal of Association for Neurolinguistic Processing.

Dip Cot, Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy, Certificate in Co-counselling, Reiki 1, Reiki 2, and Reiki Masters. Practitioner of NLP

WARP Freefall Coach for the British Parachute Association.

Ericksonian Hypnotherapy blog