Dealing with Stress/tension headache relief

Question
Twice now, I've been under tremendous stress leading to lack of sleep, restlessness and eventually tension headaches. Felt like vice squeezing my head, especially around temples and neck. Ear plugs and favorite music/dancing helped some but it was by chance that I just mimicked exaggerated yawning which eventually made me really yawn and it helped. Tension around my temples eased.  Worked again today.  Is this typical?

Answer
Adonna,

All kinds of things can relieve stress, and yawning deeply is one of them. I don't know the physiology of why it can help, but it does.

It's great that you've found a tool that helps you - so keep using it.

It might be worth finding other ways too that will help reduce your stress levels, so that the headaches don't even begin to happen in the first place.

Warm regards,

James

Dealing with Stress

James Middleton