Decks/conflicting design

Nigel wrote at 2015-12-07 13:42:48
Hi there Mary,

I agree with Daniel on this one, I don't think it will conflict much either. I noticed the link he has provided no longer works, here is another link that may be found useful:

They are driveway gates but you can see the variety of styles and designs that can be made.  

Daniel Humphrey

I can answer all questions concerning design and construction of outdoor wooden decks and stairways, particularly those suitable for timberframe homes, and especially for colder climates where snow is a factor.

I've been a timber framer for 20 years, working as a general contractor who designs and builds custom timberframe homes, working as much as possible with local materials, from foundation to finish. I've made massive decks for commercial lodges and small decks for houses in town. These decks have varied in style from round timber to Victorian ginger bread. I also have studied and tried out enough deck styles that I know which kinds are the most cost effective and easiest to make to meet code requirements. I also have expertise in designing, building, and setting up pre-fab remote camp facilities on terra firma or temperate glaciers for research and expeditions, using helicopters for support.

B.A., M.F.A.