Decks/Deck not flush to house everywhere - How...

Question
My deck was replaced using the original framing with Azek boards, but I did have him lower it about 5 inches or so and install copper flashing, which it never had. Before it was flush with the sliding glass doors (same height as if the previous owner was in a wheel chair, but wasn't).

I noticed now that the deck is almost flush (up against the house on the left) but slowly increases its gap to about 2 inches plus on the far right, attached now at a slight angle. Leaves are collecting in the gap. I am having my vinyl siding guy come back to reinstall the shingle style vinyl siding for the two or three rows that must be replaced beneath/above the deck. It only needs one or a half row above the deck. Is there a way I can have the vinyl siding guy build out the siding so it properly sits flush with the deck so no dirt, leaves, etc. get trapped in the copper flashing gap? Or so it looks clean and doesn't show the gap? I don't want a piece of Azek board attached as ending in a full board just looks better than a piece to hide the gap. So I don't want that done. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Axel

Answer
Well, it's hard to say for sure without seeing it for myself, and I have come across many crooked houses in all my deck building years, which you sometimes must make accommodations for...but I've never built a crooked deck. All I can tell you from here are the two options that come to mind...  It may be possible to make and install a base molding of some type...maybe made out of a deck board, or out of a solid piece of Azek typetrim board. Otherwise, if padding out the siding looks to be the better aesthetic option, that can be easily accomplished by using styrofoam of the type that is commonly used behind vinyl siding. Best of luck for a nice finished look in any case. :)

Decks

Michael Romano