Decks/Front Porch settling

Our house was built in 2008, my front porch settled about 3". It sits on 2 concrete pillars, how would fix it?

Hi Troy.

Without more information, I would suggest unattaching the deck at the post to beam connection, jacking the structure to level, and inserting blocking to maintain that level. If you send me a couple images of the structural components of the deck, I'd be happy to guide you through these steps specifically for your project.
Send the images to my email ( with whatever measurements you can offer.
Good luck.
Gary J Daley

Gary J Daley

I can answer questions regarding decks, railings, screen enclosures and other backyard home improvement projects. As a recognized expert in new-age materials, I have a hands-on knowledge of cutting-edge composite and vinyl products.

In business here in South Jersey for twelve-plus years, I have won awards recognizing my expertise in high-end deck and lanai design and construction. Based in Barnegat and Toms River, New Jersey, my crew is building affordable quality throughout all of New Jersey.

Director, The North American Deck and Railing Association (NADRA). Member, New Jersey Business and Industry Association (NJBIA)

Professional Deck Builder Magazine; The Currents of New Jersey; The BeachComber News, of Brigantine, NJ.

BA in Journalism (minor in English), 1995, Penn State University.

2009 New Jersey NADRA Deck of the Year: Categories Best Low Maintenance Deck under 500 square feet; Best Overall deck project. 2010 New Jersey NADRA Deck of the Year: Category: Best Low Maintenance Deck Under 500 square feet.