Decks/child safety screen or fence

Question
Mr. Eugene Clayton,
Good Morning sir, I was wondering what materials I would actually need to build a removeable poolside safety fence preferable with PVC or other material that withstands weather. I appreciate your time, according to pictures it doesnt look to difficult toput one together.
Thank You in advance.
William Carden

Answer
Hello William, Most of the PVC fences I have seen or installed would require a pocket built either into the deck or the concrete that surrounds the pool. Some fences require a post that the PVC sleeve slides over. If the area it was to be attached to was a wooden deck, you could bolt the posts to blocking underneath and then slide the sleeves over the posts. This would require unbolting the posts whenever you wanted the area totally cleared. If it was a concrete slab you could cut the concrete in 12" square holes where the posts go and repour it with a sleeve in the concrete that the PVC sleeve could slide down into. Only the sleeve in the concrete would have to be just slightly larger than the fence sleeve, but not to much or it would be loose and wobble. Hope this helped a little. Thanks  

Decks

Eugene Clayton