Decks/Porcelin Tile Deck

Question
I want to put porcelain tile on my deck.  The deck is 16 x 22 feet.  The stringers are 2 x 10s doubled 14" center to center, longest span 11 feet.  Can I screw down 3/4" treat plywood and put the tile on top of that.  Would I have to treat the plywood with anything before installing tile.  Tile size would be 16 x 16 or 18 x 18

Answer
Hello Pat, Everything sounds like it will hold up, I would do the plywood screwed and glued, then use a cement board on top of that then lay your tile. When finished seal it really good, any moisture that gets in can cause problems especially if it gets below freezing. Hope this helped.  

Decks

Eugene Clayton