Decks/composite deck sheets

I am embarking on a 16'x16' courtyard garden makeover.  One side is bordered by a redwood walkway, one side is bordered by a redwood deck, the other side is the front of our cedar sided house with floor to ceiling windows. I would like a very contemporary look like limestone or travertine for the main flooring of the courtyard, but am wondering if there is any composite decking that comes in sheets that would work and look good. I really like the look of cement board siding on buildings and would like to parlay that look into my courtyard floor. Any suggestions for materials? We live in arid Colorado, but get lots of snow.  Thank you!

Hello Leslie, I'm not sure if I understand the question, are you wanting a patio that is on the ground or a elevated deck but with some other type of flooring? I have seen long 8" x 12-14" ceramic tile that resembles wood but as far as sheets of composite I have not. Mainly due to the expanding and contracting of the man made materials it can't be made that large. If you send me a few more details of exactly what your wanting maybe I can help a little more sorry, Thanks.

Eugene Clayton

I would be happy to answer any question reguarding the construction of decks, composites verses natural materials, structure support systems,railing applications,stair design, how to figure stairs etc.. Pretty much anything that has to do with decks and or porches.

I have been in the construction industry for over 27 years including new home construction, custom deck and screen porches. Most of my expertise is from framing custom homes for over 20 years. I now own and opperate a very successful custom deck and screen porch company in Atlanta Ga.

High school graduate