Decks/Deck resurface

Question
Hi Eugene,

I have an older two tiered deck that I plan to replace the top boards with composite boards.  Is there a way to put some type of riser on the lower joists to make it all one level?  As for the old joists, they appear to be in good condition still.  So I plan to paint them before putting the new boards on to help protect the joists longer.  I know ideally some one should inspect the structure, but no one will come out for that given I will be doing the work myself.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Answer
Hello Dave, The best way to make it all one level is to either lower the upper or basically build another deck on top of the lower one, or try and raise the lower one with a few jacks and some temporaries. Kind of depends on how high it is off the ground. Hope this helped some. If you need any further assistance feel free to contact me again.  

Decks

Eugene Clayton