Decks/covering a pea gravel pool deck

Dear Mr. Romano, I have a pea gravle pool deck that I cant afford to replace. Do you know of any product that can be applied to deck to help cover the pea gravle and make it more attractive

Well, my expertise is mainly in carpentry and the building and finishing of wood and composite decks, but maybe I can offer a few ideas...

I assume by "pea gravel", you mean the type of concrete patio that has the pea gravel imbedded into the surface...?

If so, maybe a surfacing type of concrete (designed for applications thinner than normal concrete) could be applied over the surface. I've also heard some good things about a product called Concrete Restore™ by Synta. Here is a Youtube link to that...

If I'm way off-base about what you're attempting to describe here, just let me know, and we'll go from there. :)

Michael Romano

I can answer any questions relating to decks, porches, exterior stairs & railings, walkways, access ramps, pergolas, deck roofs, screen rooms, etc... These may include design ideas, footing to framing design & construction methods, various species of woods vs. composites & pvc/vinyl materials for decking, skirting, or railing applications. I also have expertise in various rain-free systems for under-deck storage & living spaces.

I have designed and built decks and many other types of outdoor structures for over 25 years for my own home improvement company. We also perform many other types of home improvements, including window & door installation, molding & trimwork, siding, basement finishing, siding, etc. Our main love however, is decks!

NADRA - The North American Deck and Railing Association. Several Small Business & Home Improvement Contractor Alliances & Associations.

I have written several articles over the years for,, and many other deck & construction related websites.

High School graduate. 2 years of Mechanical Drawing & Architecture classes. Vocational School graduate. 2 years of Construction Technology & Carpentry classes. Many years of reading, researching, and application in the real world.

I am certified by several decking manufacturers for expert application & installation of their products.

Mainly local residential clients, and occasional commercial clients, including restaurants, nightclubs, office buildings, etc.