Decks/TimberTech decking vs. Genovations decking

We are rebuilding our deck. Have ruled out Trex and several other contenders. Thought we had decided on TimberTech but then discovered Genovations at Lowe's over the weekend. Can you tell me which is the best product between TimberTech and Genovations. Any pros and cons on either?

Hello I have installed timber tech but not heard of the lowes brand you mentioned, in my area all they have at lowes are trex and choice deck. With all the different ones on the market I have had the best overall performance with the lower priced choice deck at lowes. Most of the other brands are a harder composite and tend to scratch easy, Ive also found that if leaves are left on the other composites when removed they leave a fossil looking impression (stain). Hope this helped a little.

Eugene Clayton

I would be happy to answer any question reguarding the construction of decks, composites verses natural materials, structure support systems,railing applications,stair design, how to figure stairs etc.. Pretty much anything that has to do with decks and or porches.

I have been in the construction industry for over 27 years including new home construction, custom deck and screen porches. Most of my expertise is from framing custom homes for over 20 years. I now own and opperate a very successful custom deck and screen porch company in Atlanta Ga.

High school graduate