Decks/Post base Support

Question
I have some wood posts on a porch / balcony that have to be replaced.  I had someone replace them but the posts are "floating".  That is they attached a metal post base but it is not flush to the bottom of it, they screwed it in on the sides and there is a gap on the bottom of each post.  The wood posts do not make contact with the bottom of the metal post base.  They has caused one of the beams to start spitting already.  I also found out that "light duty", post bases were used on the 8ft posts.  I can't seem to find on Lowes or Home Depots website a heavy duty metal post base.  I need your recommendation on what type of base post to use, also the original posts where attached with just one bolt, is that sufficient?  

Thanks so much

Answer
Ok, this is a little difficult, only because I'm not sure what you mean by certain things that you are attempting to describe. Please upload a photo or two, three, if at all possible. If not, then just let me know, and maybe describe it just a little better, and I'll do my best to help in any way I can.
Thanks!

Decks

Michael Romano