Decks/Hidden fasteners

We've decided to replace our wood deck with another PT wood deck.  We prefer hidden fastener and the contractors seem to prefer deckmaster. They explained as wood dries/moistens there could be done movement.  Do you have any thoughts or preferences?

Hello if I was going back with pressure treated I wouldn't use hidden fasteners.  I would use screws from above. Unless you're putting down k dat  material chances are you'll have bad boards when it dries out. This makes it easier to remove the bad boards. Hidden Fasteners Are Mainly Used On Composites. It's just my opinion. Hope this helps.  

Eugene Clayton

I would be happy to answer any question reguarding the construction of decks, composites verses natural materials, structure support systems,railing applications,stair design, how to figure stairs etc.. Pretty much anything that has to do with decks and or porches.

I have been in the construction industry for over 27 years including new home construction, custom deck and screen porches. Most of my expertise is from framing custom homes for over 20 years. I now own and opperate a very successful custom deck and screen porch company in Atlanta Ga.

High school graduate