Decorating & Furniture/12' wall

Question
We have just finished a big construction project and I am wondering how to paint the large room adjacent to my kitchen. It will be used as a casual dining and family area. The room is 18'(east to west) x 15'(north to south). The North wall is 12' high, the South wall is 9' and there is a very large picture window on the East wall.  The West wall has an archway into the kitchen. I want to paint the 12' wall red, and the 9' wall white.  I am wondering if I should paint the other two walls red or white?  The ceiling has two large sky lights and I plan to paint that white, and we will have hardwood floors.
Well, let me know what you think.  Thanks!

Answer
**Please go to this link to see images of your space.**
http://www.rmdesignco.com/robyn.htm

Dear Robyn,
   Congratulations on your construction project. Your space sounds like it has beautiful architecture. How nice to have such a large space. I think that it would look better if the space looked balanced when you walked in. So on this thought I would choose a reddish brown color picked up from the flooring for the tall wall. This amount of color would balance with a vibrant red on the shorter wall. I would choose white for the window and doorway wall. This will also make the space feel extended out toward the window wall. I hope I am making sense. I think the visuals can explain what I am saying. I hope this helps and if you have some differnet ideas and would like to see it before you paint please email me at rminteriordecor@yahoo.com with further information.

Good Luck,
Rachel Mallon
http://www.rmdesignco.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID