Decorating & Furniture/12-year old son's bedroom

Question
Need to re-decorate my son's bedroom.  He was six when he picked out the current primary colors.  He now wants red, black and gray (think Atlanta Falcons).  I think they are great colors together, but am concerned that they will make his bedroom too dark and dreary.   He suggested red walls with a gray and black stripe running around the room. Any suggestions?

Answer
Great question Debbie! Thanks for writing.  Rather than paint the walls red (which upon spending very much time in a red room, one gets very anxious...) how about using the grey and painting stripes in the red (make it bigger) and the black.  You could even create the "F" in the logo by enlarging a copy of it on a copier and tracing it on the wall.  I'm sure he'd love that!  

You may also consider clever "storage" for his room - a RED tool cabinet (chrome handles) where he can store clothing, papers or perhaps some sports memorabilia.  They're not terribly expensive, and they tend to help "guys" of all ages keep their stuff up off the floor.

No need to worry about dark and dreary.  It'll be the hit of the neighborhood.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik