Decorating & Furniture/Bedroom in plum

Plum n Sage Room
Plum n Sage Room  
I have a small extra bedroom that currently has deep plum colored carpeting (fairly new) and the walls are painted a sage green.  I would like to update the room and decorate it in lime green and plum, but can't decide what color to paint the walls.  I feel that lime green should probably be the accent color (maybe pillows, etc), so I am stumped as to what color to paint the walls.  Do you think a very, very pale color of plum - almost white - would work?  Or should I get brave and paint the walls lime?  The woodwork in the room is in an oak color.

I think you have probably answered your own question Renae as I would also suggest that a pale version of the carpet color would be your best option.

If I'm honest, I can't quite visualize the plum with lime green accents but that it just my opinion and it is your room and your choice.  Certainly I don't think that painting the walls lime green would really work with that carpet.

If it were me, I would use shocking, bright pink rather than green.

Kind regards

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit