Decorating & Furniture/Bedroom in plum

Question
Plum n Sage Room
Plum n Sage Room  
I have a small extra bedroom that currently has deep plum colored carpeting (fairly new) and the walls are painted a sage green.  I would like to update the room and decorate it in lime green and plum, but can't decide what color to paint the walls.  I feel that lime green should probably be the accent color (maybe pillows, etc), so I am stumped as to what color to paint the walls.  Do you think a very, very pale color of plum - almost white - would work?  Or should I get brave and paint the walls lime?  The woodwork in the room is in an oak color.

Answer
I think you have probably answered your own question Renae as I would also suggest that a pale version of the carpet color would be your best option.

If I'm honest, I can't quite visualize the plum with lime green accents but that it just my opinion and it is your room and your choice.  Certainly I don't think that painting the walls lime green would really work with that carpet.

If it were me, I would use shocking, bright pink rather than green.

Kind regards

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston