Decorating & Furniture/Black leather/Brazilian cherry floors/Honey Bird Behr paint

Question
Hi Andrea-
We have a black leather sectional in our 13'x21' living room.  We plan on making two separate areas and need advice on other materials, metals, woods, etc that will go with what we already have.  I was thinking a glass top coffee table, a contemporary patterned rug, definitely some big green plants.  What else do you recommend?  One area is the sitting/TV area and the other side is for a computer and perhaps a chair or two.  We basically have a blank slate.  Would a wood/black computer desk be all right?  We have a large picture window that has sheers; would valances make sense? I hope I gave you enough information.  Thank you for your help!

Answer
Hi Heather

I think you are right to look at a glass table and also agree that a black computer desk would be good.

With a plain room, one option to add color is to use a bright piece of abstract art - it doesn't have to be expensive, a nicely framed print will do.  This page may give you some ideas:

http://www.decorating-vacation-property-for-profit.com/Affordable_Abstract_Wall_

If you feel that the window area looks a little bare then a valance may be a good option and you might like to have a look at this:

http://www.decorating-vacation-property-for-profit.com/Pelmet.html

as a contemporary alternative.

Kind regards,

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston