Decorating & Furniture/Colors

Question
Hi! So I have a question regarding design and themes...do I need one? My living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway are mostly a warm tan color with the dining room wall an accent deep brown color. The master is a creamy white with a blue accent, and we would like to paint the second bedroom in tuscan colors. Is this ok? I mean if we have the bedrooms two different colors and the main living space another color...is it too much?

Thanks!

Answer
I don't think this would be a problem Channel.

If you had one room red, one room pink, one room green then yes, it would probably look awful but the colors you have chosen are all pretty natural and earthy and the brown, tan and cream I am sure look nice together.  The Tuscan decor you mention is likely to involve orange-y brown and sunflower colors so that is no problem.  The only slight variation from that palette is the blue and if you are concerned that it may look out of place, then I suggest you find a rug that brings it all together if you have a floor area such as a hallway that all the rooms link to.

Something like the top rug on this page for example:

http://www.decorating-vacation-property-for-profit.com/Rugs.html

gives you blue and several shades of brown.  Obviously this might not be right for you but I use this rug by way of example.

Kind regards,

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston