Decorating & Furniture/Decorating with a white room

Question
I have a Living room/ dining room combo...that i can not paint...they have white walls...i know im going to separate the dining room from the living room using a sofa with a sofa back behind the sofa as well....but not sure about how to use colors with white walls...i need color!

Answer
Hi Mike

Are you allowed to hang pictures on the walls?  Big abstract art posters:

http://www.decorating-vacation-property-for-profit.com/Affordable_Abstract_Wall_

can actually add a more dramatic splash of color than painting a whole wall.

Aside from that, soft furnishings are your best option and colorful cushions or pillows on the sofa, a bright table cloth and area rugs can all add impact.  

I would just suggest you be a little careful though and pick one color you like and go with shades of that rather than having lots of unconnected colors all over the place.

Curtains or drapes will also, of course, make a big difference.

Kind regards

Andrea

PS  One other thought - large silk flowers or plants take no looking after, fill a corner, 'soften' the look of a room and add color too.

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston